Friday, August 28, 2015

Welcome Sign

Think for a minute... Would you hire yourself? Would you make a point to greet yourself? What sign are you hanging on your door?

Oh how I love these questions God has asked me recently. I got to thinking, am I being welcoming? Approachable? These challenging questions made me see a much larger picture... especially regarding the gym.

Normally there are two types of people in the gym: The type who push each other, work as a group to reach a goal, and are so welcoming. Or there is the group that leaves their headphones in, works better by themselves, and is in beast mode when they hit the door. I have noticed I am a good combination of both these types. I find that when I am in the room with another person who the second type, I am very unlikely to introduce myself or start a conversation. How enlightening is that?

God built my character to strive to inspire others... I've always known that about myself. What I didn't know is that sometimes I show a "Closed" or "Unavailable" sign when I am working out. Lets just say I did not like what He was trying to tell me. Its very hard to inspire, motivate, and push others to reach their goals is your welcome sign isn't out.

#Rolloutyourwelcomesign
#Strivetoinspire
#Godisgood

No comments:

Post a Comment