Thursday, December 3, 2015

Parade of Queens

A big part of my heart and soul is for the residents of my local nursing homes. After mentoring for a year in the therapy department of a nursing home, I was sold on specializing in geriatrics. In December I can finally say it will only be a year and a half until that is a reality. Trust me that sounds so much nicer than two years. The people I encountered every day in therapy shaped me into the person I am today. They watched me grow and taught me so much about myself. There were very memorable and funny moments I shared with each resident. More than that, they reminded me everyday why I am pursuing Physical Therapy.

So for every obvious reason, my community service project as Miss Moultrie Douglas is set right where my heart lies. Our local nursing homes will be having a Parade of Queens. We decorated wheelchairs and walkers, paraded up and down halls, and saw many smiles.

I couldn't of done this without all the help from some awesome people! Their support means so much.



3 comments: